Bernice King Shares 10 Ways To Navigate The Trump Era - "He Will Not Get The Focus Of Attention He Craves."
When I came across this call to action from Bernice King all I could think about was Martin Luther King and Coretta Scott King who are pillars of the Civil Rights movement. Bernice fell right in line giving the world a 10 point instructional list on how to navigate the 45 Presidental era.
The truth is many of aren't doing well with it and keeping hope alive will have to be deliberate. Bernice wrote this list on Facebook and she is encouraging everyone to share it.
1. Don’t use his name; EVER (45 will do)
2. Remember this is a regime and he’s not acting alone;
3. Do not argue with those who support him–it doesn’t work;
4. Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness and mental state;
5. Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow;
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk;
7. Support artists and the arts;
8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it;
9. Take care of yourselves; and
Then she said this Via Ebony:
Keep demonstrations peaceful. In the words of John Lennon, “When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight! Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”
When you post or talk about him, don’t assign his actions to him, assign them to “The Republican Administration,” or “The Republicans.” This will have several effects: the Republican legislators will either have to take responsibility for their association with him or stand up for what some of them don’t like; he will not get the focus of attention he craves; Republican representatives will become very concerned about their re-elections.
(Copy to paste to your Timeline – wider than sharing)
Thank you Bernice King for your wise words, we will be sharing this list as much as possible.