Graveyard Shift Sisters; A Blog about Scy Fy and Horror for Black Women
Graveyard Shift Sisters is a blog that works to highlight and celebrate the experiences, representations, achievements, and creative works of Black women and women of color in the horror (and science fiction) genres.
They want to:
- Engage in discourse on Black horror films: history, understanding older concepts, producing new meanings.
- Explore representation of Black women and women of color in horror and science fiction films, TV, books, etc: finding trends, erasing binaries, and exploring the humanity of these bodies.
- Discuss horror films, TV, books, etc. on a general note as women of color consumers.
- Exploration of themes in horror and science fiction unique to the experiences of Black women and women of color.
- Exposing honest sentiments on how it feels to be a Black female horror fan and professional.